We pause today for a moment and send our prayers and thoughts to the spirit of Cricket, Alan Dingman's former cat, who passed into the spirit world on Tuesday. She was helped and cared for in the last days by Betty and Irwin Brent, my wonderful house sitters, dear friend Todd Hardie who made sure she was taken care of in the last days, Mo and Emily who dug her grave and gave her body back to the earth, and the vets at Bristol Animal Hospital. I'm grateful to them all.
Cricket came to me after Alan passed on 1 1/2 years ago. She was thin and had had undiagnosed thyroid disease for some time. Once she got medicine, she gained weight, settled in to life at Thistle Hill, and became a really great companion. She loved to eat, play, scratch a cardboard "scratching post", and especially loved sitting on the couch with whoever was there (though her favorite was Todd!).
I am happy that I took Cricket and her friend Jack (formerly known as "Prancer" -- still there and doing well) and really glad I could give her a good life in her final year. I was blessed with a great cat.
Cricket came to me after Alan passed on 1 1/2 years ago. She was thin and had had undiagnosed thyroid disease for some time. Once she got medicine, she gained weight, settled in to life at Thistle Hill, and became a really great companion. She loved to eat, play, scratch a cardboard "scratching post", and especially loved sitting on the couch with whoever was there (though her favorite was Todd!).
I am happy that I took Cricket and her friend Jack (formerly known as "Prancer" -- still there and doing well) and really glad I could give her a good life in her final year. I was blessed with a great cat.
Comments
Blessings on Cricket, and on Annie for taking her in, and on all pets. Lifesavers of the world they are!
I really love your photos of Scotland...flowers, stones and also of things around Vt.
Peter