Thistle Hill Update



The Christmas white pine is finally planted, with an Arborvitae hedge coming soon... (Thank you Todd H.) The rhubarb is in and strawberries are weeded. The bees have a nice wide board in front of their home so the grass and blackberries can't block their entrance. We hung up 6 bunches of mint to dry in the woodshed this morning. Two big pots with petunias and geraniums grace the back deck. In short, I've done as much as I can on the grounds of Thistle Hill, prior to my departure.

I'll be leaving behind peonies in full bloom, ripe strawberries, and a bumper crop of blackcaps. But never mind....I look forward to discovering the flora (or is it fauna?) of Scotland.

Meanwhile, indoors, Liz said it looked like a hurricane had hit the kitchen -- she left it in good shape a mere 24 hours ago and sadly, it reverted... The suitcase is too full, the credit cards can't decide whether to make their home in the money belt or the little wallet that goes in my backpack, and the lists just keep on coming, seemingly spontaneously generating out of thin air. I accidentally gave the cat a whole pill instead of a half tonight...this after almost taking one myself this morning!

Ah well, by hook or by crook I'll be out of here Wednesday evening...

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

Comments

betty-irwin said…
Haven't heard of your experiences yet.Emily stopped by to pick strawberries-very nice girl.She told us you arrived safely and started your adventures. We hope all is going well there! All is well here.

The Brents