Down to the Wire

Back row (L to R): Alice, Helen, John Clarence, Ann, Thomas Alva, Mary, Nettie. Front row (L to R): Jeannette Clyde Beveridge Dingman (mother of the family), Malcolm (d. at age 8), Norman McLeod, Donald Dunlop (d. at age 12), James Alva Dingman (father of the family).
Hi All,

I will probably not get much posted for the next few days...I am leaving Thistle Hill Wednesday June 20 for the Cape for a day at Tom's, then flying out next Friday June 22 to Scotland. I'll try to post something about the trip before I leave.

Much love to all of you as I travel across the ocean and go back to the home land.

The photo above is of the James Dingman and Jeannette Beveridge Dingman family. Norman is front center on the left, standing next to his mother Jeannette. Jeannette was the daughter of Helen Hastie and Thomas Beveridge, who came over from Scotland. The village I am traveling to, Leadhills, is where Helen and at least 4 generations of Hasties before her were born.

Click on the photo to see a big version.

Comments